TseungTsu here kicking of what I hope to be a new regular blog series, “What’cha Playin?”. Today I’m joined by a personal friend, theChang. Chang and I met WAY back in the dark days of Warmachine. Chang has since moved to Colorado, I can only assume to be closer to me and is one of my regulars I get games of all kinds into. Today we’ll be talking about the latest list he’s been working on for MCP, Criminal Syndicate.
Chang thanks for taking the time, this is a no frills kind of article so let’s just jump right in, What’cha Playin?
- Black Cat: 3
- Black Widow: 2
- Bullseye: 2
- Crossbones: 3
- Ghost Rider: 5
- Hood: 3
- Killmonger: 4
- Kingpin: 4
- Lizard: 3
- Mysterio: 3
- Gamma Wave Sweeps Across Midwest [E]: 15
- Infinity Formula Goes Missing [B]: 17
- Riots Spark Over Extremis 3.0 [D]: 17
- All According to Plan
- Bitter Rivals
- Climbing Gear
- Deal With The Devil
- Highway To Hell
- Illicit Tech
- The Grand Illusion
- Usurp the Throne
- Deadly Legacy Virus Cured? [C]: 19
- Mystic Wakandan Herbs: Fact or Fiction? [A]: 15
- Research Station Attacked! [E]: 16
You’ve got some of my favorite characters in this roster, but I’m curious what made you interested in playing this list?
– I’m attempting to make a list where the dice variance will matter as little as humanly possible by having a strong scenario presence with strong non-dice reliant attacks and abilities.
Okay no dice rage, I like the theory. What’s the Game Plan?
– Sit on faster scoring scenarios that play well with Kingpin’s leadership, and not die.
What’s your plan if you can’t “sit on things”? Like if you end up on Meteors or any other “pay to secure” crisis?
– In those cases I’ve been given my extracts, all three of which also give me great opportunities to edge out a high score while I’m being forced to “play fair” with the flip secures. Worst case scenario I have a fairly strong fighter team with Killmonger, Kingpin, Bullseye and the associated tactics cards that I can I leverage to get advantages where I need them.
What things are you unsure about in the list moving forward?
– Mostly my “tech” pieces, Ghost Rider and Killmonger. Ghost Rider being my pseudo replacement to the impressive Juggernaut tech and Killmonger attempting to shore up my KO game. The game plan is also a little linear, not exactly the hardest thing to figure out even with all my “tricks”.
What’s your favorite thing about the list?
– Even though the game plan is pretty linear I’ve got a good amount of little tricks I can pull off with roster selection, things like Ghost Rider taking the back Gamma point and Black Cat being Black Cat.
Okay I confess, I wasn’t expecting to see Black Widow in a list. What’s going on there?
– Black Widow fits in evenly as a second 2 because I’m almost always using Bullseye. With Stealth she’s a great “grab and go” character and with L move she can dive back points on turn one for early points.
Hmm okay I’ll take your word on it. What about Hood’s Gang? That’s been a card I love, and does help with dice rage.
– My cards are pretty tight so Hood’s Gang as a more damage focused card did not make the cut (Although if I’m going to be completely honest I’m still waffling there, it could easily replace a card like Illicit Tech or Highway to Hell).
Well Chang thanks for taking the time in the inaugural blog. We hope you enjoyed it. You can find theChang on discord, TheChang#2356. If you have a list you want to talk about shoot me an email at TT@Acrossthebifrost.com in addition if you’d like to support my content creation and this site check out https://www.patreon.com/acrossthebifrost
And FINALLY, if your Local Game Store doesn’t have what you want or can’t get what you need for for MCP, I highly recommend our sponsors.
Till next time everyone, Cheers and Happy Gaming,